Dis/Comfort & The Inbetween
As I sit down to write today, I'm kept company by a little ladybug on my keyboard, one of many busy in my old window frame - a loveliness of ladybirds. They're always here at this time of year - that space between sleep and the waking of spring.
I've found myself unable to write write of late.
Together with the ladybirds it's had me thinking about the power of liminal spaces and how reluctant we often are to both embrace and honour them.
There are familiar liminal spaces; the shift of the seasons, dusk and dawn. . . . But what of the larger cycles of in-between? The ones less easy to put a finger on, to find the seam in grain?
Maybe we are all of us in a greater transition, one so large we can't see it, can't find the edges of and so cannot ever be sure it's truly there.
We feel it, tho, don't we? A subtle shifting? A discomfort, unnamed wariness, an intuited disorientation?
My instinct in these times is often to push through...and sometimes that is the thing. Others . . . well, perhaps simply sitting with it, learning to get comfortable with our discomfort is the only way.
Uncertainty is . . . uncomfortable. There are seasons when it feels that uncertainty itself is the ONLY certainty.
Every year when I tuck those sleeping seeds into the soil, there is no promise that they will bear fruit. I simply have to trust the seeds and the soil know their way.
All we can do in moments like these is to keep planting seeds, acknowledge and accept the not knowing and surrender.
Eventually, the ladybugs will fly away. The writing will return. The edges will reveal themselves.
Until then, hold on.
"Don't dig up in doubt what you planted in faith." E. Elliot
FRESH AT THE FARM THIS WEEK
To order, simply reply to this email. Cut off for orders via email is 10 am Thursday morning. Please call if you have a last minute order to check availability.
Farm pickup hours are 1 to 5 Friday and Saturday only. Prepayment is not required - you can pay at pickup. We accept cash, credit, debit and apple / samsung pay.
Please note our hours are firm - please respect our privacy outside of farm gate hours as the farm is our home. Thanks!
BODY BAR SOAP IS BACK
After taking a hiatus during the pandemic, our popular body bar soap is back in rotation.
Lemon Cream, Vintage Rose, Refresh + True North are all ready to go - more scents on the way.
$8 ea or 3 for $20 Introductory prices
LARD + BEESWAX CANDLES
Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Lavender, Cedar + Sandalwood, Citrus, French Vanilla, Vanilla Bourbon, Bourbon + Sandalwood and more!
$12 ea or 2 for $20
SOLID DISH SOAP - IS BACK!
Unscented or Lemon Eucalyptus **LAVENDER** Back in stock
$8 ea or 3 for $20
EGGS $7 per doz
- Sow Bacon - $12 lb SOLD OUT
- Ground Pork $11.00 lb SOLD OUT
- Taster Pack - approximately 10 LBS of assorted cuts, sausages and bacon $135 Pre-Order for next week
- Family Pack - approximately 30 LBS of assorted cuts, sausages and bacon $375 Pre-Order for next week
- ROAST $11.50 lb (aprox. 4 pounds each)
- Boneless Loin Roast SOLD OUT $14 lb
- Chops $14.75 lb (2 chops to a pack) back in stock
- Bones for ramen broth $11 per bag (aprox 4 lbs)
- Pork Belly $10.50 lb SOLD OUT
- Side Ribs (not baby-back) $10.50 lb
- SMOKED HOCKS FOR SOUP $8 lb
- Trotters $8 per pack (best ramen ever)
- Bratwurst Sausage $12.50 lb (comes in aprox 2 lb packs of 6 large links)
- Breakfast Sausage $12.50 lb
- Mild Italian Sausage $12.50 lb (comes in aprox 2 lb packs of 6 large links) back in stock
- Chorizo Sausages $12.50 lb (comes in aprox 2 lb packs of 6 large links) SOLD OUT
- Bacon $16.99 lb (aprox 1 lb pack) limit 2 per family BACK IN STOCK
- Back Bacon $16.99 lb (aprox 1 lb pack) limit 2 per family
To order just hit REPLY to this email.